glibc 2.25 error during install

Leo Butler leobutler@gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:18:00 GMT 2018


Greetings! This is my first time posting to the list.

I'm hoping someone can provide a little insight into a failure I'm getting
while installing glibc in a Gentoo Prefix build under a CentOS 6.9 host OS.
The step that's failing involves generating the libc.info* files; somewhere
around the libc-texinfo.sh script, the file libc.info is found to be
zero-length and the install fails.

I've been looking for missing dependencies and I saw a reference to
texi2dvi in the manual/Makefile so I installed the necessary tex* RPMs so
it would be available, but that didn't allow the install to finish. I'm
rebuilding glibc on the chance that it gets compiled first and installed
later (seems to be how Prefix does it) so we'll see what happens in a few
hours.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, I'd sure welcome them.

Here's the specific error I get:

LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo -P
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/manual/
--output=/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/manual/
libc.info libc.texinfo
makeinfo GNU texinfo 4.13
.././scripts/mkinstalldirs
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/image//auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/usr/share/info
mkdir -p --
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/image//auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/usr/share/info
for file in
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/manual/
libc.info*; do \
  /auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $file
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/image//auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/usr/share/info/;
\
done
install-info:
/auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.25-r11/image//auto/ins-tools/linux_rh6/usr/share/info/
libc.info: empty file
make[2]: *** [Makefile:180: install] Error 1

Thanks,

- Leo



More information about the Libc-help mailing list