High Availability with resolv.conf

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 16:49:00 GMT 2018

On 04/04/2018 05:04 PM, Edouard COLE wrote:
> - Why did you drop the RES_BLAST option, as it looks like it was firing all lookups simultaneously (but I was not able to find any documentation on what was accurately the previous behavior before it was unimplemented)

The code for that never was part of glibc.

Server selection is really hard with short-living processes.  We
recommend using a local caching-only resolver instead (both Unbound or
BIND will work just find), which can monitor upstream server
availability over time and pick the best server which has provided the
fastest replies in the past.

Thanks,
Florian