Linked List Implementation

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 16:22:00 GMT 2017


On 11/27/2017 01:19 PM, Toebs Douglass wrote:
> I'd love to find some new ideas, things I've totally missed, use cases I 
> had no idea about.

There's some disagreement whether inline allocation of keys/values needs 
to be supported, whether key/value pointers should be void *, and 
whether the allocator should be tied to malloc/free.  Some people prefer 
macros which generate function definitions, others prefer function 
pointers (sometimes with a closure argument, sometimes without).  Some 
are strictly opposed to aliasing violations which happen to work today, 
others want strict language conformance.

For individual data structures, the level of configuration offered 
varies greatly.  Not everyone things a custom resize policy is necessary 
for arrays or hash tables, or you need to be able to choose between 
different conflict resolution strategies in hash tables.

Some people want C++ compatibility, others are strictly opposed to it.

Those are just he issues that come to my mind immediately.

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-help mailing list