Linked List Implementation

Charlie Sale chucks.8090@gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:19:00 GMT 2017


On Mon, Nov 27, 2017, 7:02 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/27/2017 02:26 AM, Charlie Sale wrote:
>
> > I was wondering why glibc does not have any sort of linked list or
> related
> > data structures implemented?
>
> In fact, there is an implementation of doubly-linked lists, see insque
> and remque.  Balanced binary search trees are provided with tsearch and
> related functions.  For hash tables, see hsearch_r.
>
> These interfaces are old and somewhat difficult to use, but I expect it
> will be difficult to get consensus for a new set of interfaces because
> everyone looks for something different in a container library.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian
>

Thanks for the info. I will drop the project.

~Charlie

> --

~Charlie Sale



More information about the Libc-help mailing list