Linked List Implementation

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 12:02:00 GMT 2017

On 11/27/2017 02:26 AM, Charlie Sale wrote:

> I was wondering why glibc does not have any sort of linked list or related
> data structures implemented?

In fact, there is an implementation of doubly-linked lists, see insque
and remque.  Balanced binary search trees are provided with tsearch and
related functions.  For hash tables, see hsearch_r.

These interfaces are old and somewhat difficult to use, but I expect it
will be difficult to get consensus for a new set of interfaces because
everyone looks for something different in a container library.

Thanks,
Florian