Possibly a bug in glibc around the getrandom(2) implementation.

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 15:25:00 GMT 2017

On 07/14/2017 11:04 AM, Marcin Mielniczuk wrote:
> On the other hand, the error I'm experiencing happens only if I'm
> overwriting memory with PTRACE_POKEUSER and gdb won't load a
> scriptable file with a shebang. Should I simply print the RSP
> register in my C utility before overwriting the buffer?

That is a good idea. Likewise you can try to reduce your problem to
something you _can_ debug, for example if you can deatch your tracer
and leave the program in a loop, then you can attach gdb and inspect
the state.