GDB pretty-printers for glibc?

Paul Smith paul@mad-scientist.net
Wed Jul 12 19:49:00 GMT 2017

On Wed, 2017-07-12 at 22:54 +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> We already have some pthread pretty printers in the glibc repo
> (nptl/nptl-printers.py) and more pretty printers would be most
> welcome.  There's a README.pretty-printers that should help you get
> started in case you're interested in contributing pretty printers to
> glibc.

Hm.  Thanks for that.  I've searched and it doesn't appear that
Debian/Ubuntu provide these macros in any of the glibc6 packages,
including the dev and debug packages.

So, I obtained the Git repo to get them.

Is there any easier way to generate the nptl_lock_constants.py file
from the nptl_lock_constants.pysym file checked into Git, other than
building the entirety of the glibc package?  Does the make environment
have a target I can use that will just generate these constant files
without compiling all the code?