Microblaze machine maintainer

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 12:34:00 GMT 2017

On 01/20/2017 05:24 AM, Nagaraju Mekala wrote:
>    Please help me in finding out the procedure to take over the
> Microblaze port maintainer job.
>    David Holsgrove (davidholsgrove) is not part of Xilinx any more and
> I am planning to continue the work he has done for Glibc.

The procedure is very easy.

To start with we need someone to test Microblaze for the upcoming glibc 2.25 release.

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.25

You will see section 3.1.8 is "Microblaze"

We need a machine maintainer to do a build and test of glibc and report the results.

Some testing notes are here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds

In general you might have to fixup any porting problems, post those patches for
review and inclusion following the contribution checklist:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

A key thing here will be that you have copyright assignment for the project
so we can accept your patches.