chroot kernel too old error with glibc 2.24

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 12:49:00 GMT 2017


On 01/11/2017 04:06 PM, RAJESH DASARI wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Thanks for the response , I am using mips architecture.
>
> In this file "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure" minimum linux kernel
> is set as 3.2.0 , can i change it 2.6.32 and compile the glibc 2-24
> again to avoid this kernel too old issue ?

We don't know.  I don't think anyone has tested this.  It's quite likely 
that some things will break as a result.

> Did you see any issue here ? Does support for 2.6.32 syscalls also
> removed for mips architecture , please provide your inputs on this.

Upstream removed it, but I don't know if the removal was just a 
formality so far, or if existing backwards compatibility code has 
already been removed.

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-help mailing list