chroot kernel too old error with glibc 2.24
Carlos O'Donell
carlos@redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 06:31:00 GMT 2017
On 01/09/2017 09:49 AM, RAJESH DASARI wrote:
> I am getting the kernel too old error when trying to install the
> 4.4.20 kernel image (with glibc2.24) .
> My machine which is mips based and has 2.6.34 kernel installed , i am
> trying to install the new kernel(4.4.20) which has 2.24 glibc version
>
> 1 . I mounted the latest kernel image on /mnt/latest
> 2. Executed chroot to that image path
> # chroot /mnt/latest
> FATAL: kernel too old
>
> I see that in 2.24 release notes, it is mentioned that the minimum
> Linux kernel version that this version of the GNU C Library can be
> used with is 3.2.
>
> I am sure this is not a bug in glibc , but could some one help me how
> to get rid of this problem ,
> I have compiled glibc with --enable-kernel=2.6.32 option but still no help.
To use glibc 2.24 you must first boot with a kernel > 3.2 e.g. your 4.4.20 kernel.
You cannot configure glibc 2.24 to run with a 2.6.32 kernel.
I have moved this conversation to libc-help.
Cheers,
Carlos.
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list