How to use sem_timedwait with CLOCK_MONOTONIC?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Thu Feb 16 13:15:00 GMT 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Alexandre Bique
<bique.alexandre@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I provide a patch which implements sem_timedwait_np(sem, timeout,
> clock), is there any chances that it gets merged for the next release?

Alexandre,

A patch is part of the process, it also needs documentation, and a
regression test.

There is also some work to be done to integrate feedback and reviews
of the patches to get them to a point where the API is acceptable to
the senior developers who maintain the project. In this case the API
design seems pretty straight forward.

The contribution checklist is here which covers the nit-picky details
of the actual submission:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

FSF Copyright assignment is something you would want to start early to
get your patch accepted.

Cheers,
Carlos.