call a function even a program terminate abnormally

Yubin Ruan ablacktshirt@gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 08:13:00 GMT 2017

Hi,
I am wondering whether it is possible to invoke a function when a program
terminate abnormally (e.g., segfault). I know "atexit(3)" will do the job
if the process terminate normally. But I am wondering whether that is possible
for the abnormal case. Any system call for this (on Linux)?

I am doing some interprocess communication here. If a process just die with
a lock unlocked, there might be potential deadlock.

Thanks,
Yubin