building every released version of GCC starting with 4.1.2, with appropriate matching glibc
Xi Ruoyao
ryxi@stu.xidian.edu.cn
Fri Apr 7 14:08:00 GMT 2017
On 2017-04-07 15:42 +0200, Toebs Douglass wrote:
> On 07/04/17 15:38, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> > On 07.04.2017 14.57, Toebs Douglass wrote:
>
> > > Also I expect those different versions are all built using the single
> > > glibc used by the distro?  I would like to vary glibc as well, so I can
> > > benchmark pthread locking mechanisms across glibc versions.
>
> > What you can do is to build multiple "cross" compilers that are linked
> > to every version of glibc.
>
> Yes.  This is my goal.  The problem I currently face is getting GCC and
> glibc actually built.
See <http://linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/systemd/chapter05/toolchaintechnotes.html>.
And see other sections after it for detail.
--
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi@stu.xidian.edu.cn>
School of Aerospace Science and Technology, Xidian University
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list