make check failures

Wolfgang Formann wformann@arcor.de
Sun Nov 13 15:26:00 GMT 2016

Hi Toby!

About 10 years ago, I have tried to install a Linux on a very old 386 Box. I did this by preparing a disk image on a
modern machine and then copied the image to the target machine.

As I remember I had a few similar problems. Finally I could solve them by building the needed files in a chroot
environment. As I remember I had to recompile parts of libc too, since the ready images I could download contained some
CPU instructions which are not implemented on the 386 (some instruction for fast detecting the first set bit …)

So I think chroot may help you, at least with all the prefixes to install …

Too long ago, to remember all steps.

Wolfgang