Build Error - gcc must provide the <cpuid.h> header

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sun May 22 00:30:00 GMT 2016

On 21 May 2016 21:54, Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:
> Here is what I did-:
>
> I did the search on my system for cpuid.h using the following command-:
>
> find /usr/ -name cpuid.h
>
> which turned up only one result-:
>
> /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-32-generic/include/config/x86/cpuid.h
>
> Then I copied the above file into my /usr/include/ using the cp
> command. Then the configuration worked fine.

no, don't do that.  cpuid.h needs to come from gcc, not some old random
version of the linux kernel.  your build is doomed to fail.

if you need a newer version of glibc, you should just install a newer
distro.  if you can't upgrade your current one, then use a VM or a diff
system or a chroot.
-mike