Build Error - gcc must provide the <cpuid.h> header

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Fri May 20 19:03:00 GMT 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Sreyan Chakravarty
<sreyan.mailing@gmail.com> wrote:
> The INSTALL file in the sources say that I only need gcc 4.1. How come
> you are telling me that I need a more recent version of gcc. I am
> sorry I don't mean to be rude but I really am confused here.

Given the output you quoted the only logical conclusion was a gcc that
was too old.
Since then you have given more information, including that you have a
new enough compiler.

You need to look in config.log to determine why the configure process
doesn't appear to correctly detect the presence of cpuid.h.