SIGINT, longjmp, getaddrinfo

Hal Murray hmurray@megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 17 10:13:00 GMT 2016

Thanks.

mtk.manpages@gmail.com said:
> Yep, it is a lack in the man pages generally. But there is a list of
> non-async-signal-safe function sin signal(7).

Your recent man pages have a list of safe functions but not a list of unsafe
ones.

> And now I've added this text to the completely revamped setjmp(2) man page[1]:

Looks good.  Thanks.  (The date on the bottom still says 2015-08-08.)

I'm still trying to figure out how to bail cleanly.  I tried the set-flag approach.  getnameinfo doesn't bail.  I think I will have the same problem if I try to use pthread_cancel.  Either it might leave dangling sockets and memory around, or it will take a long time.

I might be able to do something like use a separate thread to do just the getnameinfo.  If I want to bail, I let it complete but ignore the answer.  That is getting incredibly complicated.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.