while working on an optimized version of strnlen, some string tests fail

Nam-goo Lee devnglee@gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:21:00 GMT 2016

>> malloc/tst-malloc-thread-fail.out says "Timed out: killed the child process".
>> Is it possible that this test failure relates to something with my
>> test environment, rather than my implementation?
>> I'm testing on an ODROID-XU4 board.

It turns out that the test "malloc/tst-malloc-thread-fail" FAILs even
without my implementation.

Can this get upstream review?

With the provided benchmark test from the source tree,
(benchmarks/bench-strnlen)
this optimized strnlen is 1.3~4 times faster for inputs longer than 16,
and is similar in speed for inputs shorter than that.