TEST_DIRECT flag and nptl eintr/stdio tests

Will Hawkins whh8b@virginia.edu
Thu Aug 25 18:24:00 GMT 2016

Hello to everyone!

First, thank you for the service that you do for the community --
there is no more important project than glibc, IMO and you are a huge
part of that. Thank you!

Second, I have a question about the interaction between TEST_DIRECT
flag and certain tests in nptl. In particular, I am having trouble
with eintr* and stdio1. When I run those tests without the TEST_DIRECT
flag set, everything seems to run fine. However, when I run those
tests with the TEST_DIRECT flag set, they "do not complete".

I am testing against 6f9d4f595e4073807ad0e844cbb3b3d7158b76d5 from
August 17. I am more than happy to investigate the problem on my own
(this is what I love to do) but I wanted to first reach out and see if
there was some known problem.

On a related note, is there a way to disable building nptl? I've
looked through all the configure options but cannot seem to find an
option.

Thank you for taking the time to read these questions. I know that
everyone is busy and I appreciate anything that you can do to help me!
Again, thanks for your service to the community!

Will