Domains aliased to a pool of IP addresses doesn't get resolved

Ángel González keisial@gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 22:57:00 GMT 2015

On 17/10/15 00:23, Yuri Kanivetsky wrote:
>> But the resolver refuses the TCP connection.  This is a resolver bug,
>> not a glibc bug, and even if we address the issue below, name resolution
>> would still fail.
> Can you explain what exactly is resolver. Or rather what is it part
> of? The man page says: "The resolver is a set of routines in the C
> library that..." Doesn't this mean it's part of glibc?

glibc contains a stub resolver. By "resolver" there Florian was asking
about whatever it is that it is listening at port 53 udp of 10.0.2.3,
which should be a recursive dns resolver (server).

What's listening there? Is it something provided by vagrant?