glibc patchwork instance not processing my patches.

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 14:59:00 GMT 2015

On 11/25/2015 07:46 PM, Carlos Eduardo Seo wrote:
> I noticed my patches are not getting tracked by Patchwork. Who should
> I talk to about this?

In general the glibc community maintains patchwork, which mostly means
Siddhesh and I maintain the day-to-day administration parts.

See:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Maintainers_for_the_patchwork_instance

So you're talking to the right people.

I'm TO'ing libc-help so we have a public record of this.

Let us look at the problem right now. I see no recent patches from you at
all. I see only: http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/7079/
Which I marked superseded because later patches fixed it.

Your most recent patch should have been this one:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-10/msg01015.html

The attachment requirements are here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist#Proper_Formatted_Unified_diff_of_the_Changes

Your Apple Mail client is using:

I expect the combination of application/octet-stream and
quoted-printable is causing your patches to be dropped.

It would be best to have:

Or similar. Your Apple Mail client is making the attachment
look too much like "binary data."

If you fix that I expect you're patches will go into patchwork properly
which helps with review from others.

Alternatively just inline your patches, but I don't know how badly Apple Mail
will mangle your patches. On Thunderbird (which I use in conjunction with Mutt)
it is possible to configure it properly to not line wrap, and always use
text/plain for body content.