I can't recompile glibc: __libc_multiple_libcs

Robert Stolarz robert.stolarz@yandex.com
Sat Jun 20 16:52:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

I have a complicated issue. I'm trying to run Unreal Engine 4 on Arch Linux x86_64, and it crashes because I have too many shared object loaded with static TLS according to https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/238341/sdlopengl-splash-screen.html
None of that is too far out of the ordinary, but the real issue is, when I try to recompile glibc to increase DTV_SURPLUS, I get something like

/tmp/glibc/src/glibc-build/libc_pic.a(init-first.os):(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `__libc_multiple_libcs'

My build output looks like http://pastebin.ca/raw/3032449 and patch like http://pastebin.ca/raw/3032450. Can anyone help me?

--Rob