undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard' with sparc crosscompiler

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx@openadk.org
Wed Dec 9 07:00:00 GMT 2015


Hi Alex,
Alex Markin wrote,

> Hello.
> 
> I'm trying to build a sparc cross-compiler, but I get the following error:
> 
> /home/alex/test/test1/glibc_objs/resolv/libresolv_pic.a(ns_print.os):
> In function `__GI_ns_sprintrrf':
> ns_print.c:(.text+0x8f8): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> ns_print.c:(.text+0x8fc): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> ns_print.c:(.text+0x900): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> ns_print.c:(.text+0xa4c): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> ns_print.c:(.text+0xa50): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> /home/alex/test/test1/glibc_objs/resolv/libresolv_pic.a(ns_print.os):ns_print.c:(.text+0xa54):
> more undefined references to `__stack_chk_guard' follow
> 
> I've read the thread from libc-alpha 05 Sep 2012 with the same error.
> I tryed to build glibc with gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp=yes (and no too)
> but it did not help. Actually I can add -fno-stack-protector to my
> build flags, but that does not seem to be a good solution. I use trunk
> versions of gcc and glibc
> 
> So, please, any ideas about this problem?

As far as i know, glibc can not compiled with -fstack-protector.
gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp is for gcc and should be yes.

best regards
 Waldemar



More information about the Libc-help mailing list