probllems with ltdl versions and building newer versions

Linda A. Walsh gcc@tlinx.org
Tue Aug 18 07:19:00 GMT 2015

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2015 16:04, Linda A. Walsh wrote:
>
>> Now my "other builds" no longer work with messages along the lines
>> of a 2.2 vs. 3.0 version incompat.
>>
>> Looked up source for lto and found gnu page
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/LinkTimeOptimization
>> ...followed instructions there and a few variations ...
>> nothing would generate lto or any installable.
>>

> you probably want to post on the gcc mailing lists instead:
> 	https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/
> -mike

Good plan!  Even though I didn't think the lto-linker plugin was
part of libc, with a bit stretch, I thought the one used (if one was used)
when making libc ~might~ be in the library -- or (more probably), maybe
someone w/more clues than I would know where I should ask.  Thanks!

-l