Glibc, Pthread, Futexes and malloc
Antonio Barbalace
antoniob@vt.edu
Fri Mar 7 20:12:00 GMT 2014
For a project that I am developing I am using glibc but I should avoid
to use pthread (nptl).
The project consist of a modification of the Linux kernel in order to
create a single image OS on different nodes: threads (not processes!)
run on a node but also across nodes. Currently we do not have the
support for futexes. (have a look at www.popcornlinux.org)
After copy and paste the basic threading functions from pthread, by
removing futexes, in a new library, cthread
(http://www.barbalace.it/antonio/projects/cthread.tar.gz) .. I was
wondering IF:
- does exist a version of glibc without futex ?!
- in glibc scoping out malloc and printf how much of the other code
rely on futex?
- is there any chain of per thread initializers (*_atfork) for nptl
that I have to take care of?
- e.g. is malloc_atfork called after do_clone?
thanks
Antonio
--
Dr. Eng. Antonio Barbalace, PhD
Systems Software Research Group (SSRG)
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Virginia Tech
352 Durham Hall (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
phone: +1 (540) 231-2494
email: antoniob@vt.edu
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list