Building glibc 2.19 for OS/ABI UNIX - System V
Shaun Jackman
sjackman@gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:15:00 GMT 2014
On 24 July 2014 11:59, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/local/Cellar/glibc/2.19/lib ~/local/bin/hello
>> /home/sjackman/local/bin/hello: error while loading shared libraries:
>> /home/sjackman/local/Cellar/glibc/2.19/lib/libc.so.6: ELF file OS ABI
>> invalid
>
> You can't run your binary that way.
>
> Please see this wiki page about building and testing your builds:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds
>
> You need to run the binary under the *new* dynamic loader, and using
> the *new* core libraries.
>
> We do not support using the old dynamic loader with new libraries.
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos.
Hi, Carlos. Thanks for your quick response. Yes, it does work as
expected when I use the newly built loader with the newly built glibc.
I can't unfortunately replace the system's default loader in /lib, and
there's no environment variable equivalent of `LD_LIBRARY_PATH` that I
know of to set the default loader.
Is it possible to build glibc 2.19 with an OS/ABI of UNIX - System V?
If not, is there a component of my toolchain (Linux headers, binutils,
glibc) that I can downgrade to an earlier release that will build a
UNIX - System V glibc?
Thanks,
Shaun
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list