fast additive copy method

Joël Krähemann weedlight@gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 23:26:00 GMT 2014

Am Sonntag, den 10.08.2014, 22:53 +0200 schrieb Carlos O'Donell:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Joël Krähemann <weedlight@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm doing a soft synth therefore in RAM is copied audio buffers in a
> > repining way. The function ags_audio_signal_copy_buffer_to_buffer()
> > should be optimized.
>
> There is nothing in glibc that can really help you. It's a compiler
> issue at this point. You need to optimize what you're doing to produce
> good generated object code. You may be able to vectorize much of this
> also, so look into compiler vectorization options and see if you can
> get the compiler to vectorize any loops.
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos.

This seems more interesting:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.0/gcc/Function-Attributes.html

Is it possible to pin a function to stack?
For now, I'm doing:

void ags_audio_signal_copy_buffer_to_buffer(signed short *destination,
	guint dchannels,
        signed short *source,
	guint schannels,
	guint size)