Multiplexing by time in userspace required by every application

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Sun Aug 10 15:15:00 GMT 2014

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Joël Krähemann <weedlight@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone approve the frequencies of Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer. While
> playing accoustics I do the following or something else:

This isn't enough information for someone to give a reasonable answer.
You need to explain:

(a) What you want to do.
(b) What you are doing.
(c) What results you are seeing.

Even better would be a small example program that would let others see
what you are trying to achieve. Such a program should be self
contained.

>   if((AGS_AUDIO_LOOP_PLAY_RECALL & (audio_loop->flags)) == 0 &&
>      (AGS_AUDIO_LOOP_PLAY_CHANNEL & (audio_loop->flags)) == 0 &&
>      (AGS_AUDIO_LOOP_PLAY_AUDIO & (audio_loop->flags)) == 0){
>     struct timespec delay = {
>       0,
>       NSEC_PER_SEC / AGS_GUI_THREAD_DEFAULT_JIFFIE / 2,
>     };
>
>     nanosleep(&delay, NULL);
>   }else{
>     struct timespec delay = {
>       0,
>       (1.0 / 45.0) * NSEC_PER_SEC / AGS_GUI_THREAD_DEFAULT_JIFFIE,
>     };
>
>     nanosleep(&delay, NULL);
>   }
>
> I really believe it should be reverse case

How does this have anything to do with glibc?

Certainly the nanosleep call is a glibc function, but the computation
is entirely dependent on what you're trying to achieve.