Help, any one ever meet hanging on _IO_lock_lock(list_all_lock) issue ?
Carlos O'Donell
carlos@systemhalted.org
Wed Nov 13 15:23:00 GMT 2013
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Wuqixuan <wuqixuan@huawei.com> wrote:
>> Is it alive? Dead? Backtrace?
>
> Because the issue happened in my side only once, but cannot be reproduced. Now the env is not there.
>
> Yes, if cnt value is corrupted, nobody can use this lock anymore. But do you know in our case how the cnt value is corrupted and how to reproduced ? I guess there is some other bug to cause the unbalance set of locks and unlocks in glibc 2.4. Do you know what's that?
I don't know what it is or I would have fixed it :-)
> We found http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=7583a88d1c7170caad26966bcea8bfc2c92093ba which is fixed by schwab.
> The patch seems telling flush_cleanup has bug and possibility to corrupt cnt. Do you know prevously what was the exact issue when we want to fix it?
I don't know what was previously wrong, I would have to review the code.
Andreas can best comment on that.
Cheers,
Carlos.
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list