Sigsegv signal while loading libc2.18

waseem sarwar waseemsarwar103@hotmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:16:00 GMT 2013


Hi All, 

I have a pre-compiled binary that needs glibc version 2.14 or greater but my current ubuntu 10.04 (intel x86_64 arch) has glibc version 2.11. I decided to compile glibc 2.18 from source on my platform by using the following configuration  The compilation succeeds without an issue. 

../glibc-2.18/configure --prefix=/root/test_waseem//gnu-c-2.18/ --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --disable-profile --enable-kernel=2.6.32 libc_cv_forced_unwind=yes libc_cv_ctors_header=yes libc_cv_c_cleanup=yes --with-headers=/usr/include CFLAGS="-O2 -fno-stack-protector -fPIC" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -fno-stack-protector -fPIC"

Now when I try to preload the library using LD_PRELOAD and try to execute the binary, it gives segmentation fault right away. I believe that its giving the seg fault at dynamic loading time as when i try to debug it with gdb, it crashed before the execution starts. 

I have tried a few different configuration params (and with different compiler flags) but nothing works. Please respond with the possible solution. Thanks in advance. 

--Waseem 		 	   		  


More information about the Libc-help mailing list