VDSO support for ARM in glibc version 2.15

Ganesh Kumar gkumarnm@gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:56:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the vDSO concept in linux kernel.
once the support for the vDSO is added to a platform say X86,
what is the dependency of libc in order to get the vDSO up and running
from user space.
should there be a corresponding support be implemented in libc also?
kindly clarify

I'm asking this question because, I see support for x86 vDSO in kernel 3.9.4
and correspondingly there are files in glibc2.15 for the x86 vDSO
But at the same time for arm64 vDSO support is there in kernel 3.9.4
but I unable
to find corresponding vDSO files in glibc  2.15

Basically I'm trying to understand the big picture

 user space application <---> glibc (vDSO support) <--->
linux-vdso.so.1 ( exported by kernel)

or

 user space application <---> glibc  <---> linux-vdso.so.1 ( exported by kernel)

or

 user space application <---> linux-vdso.so.1 ( exported by kernel)

which one of the above is correct?

Thanks in advance for your time.

P.S : pls cc me in your response as I'm not subscribed to the list.

--GK