Arguments to execve

Peter LaDow petela@gocougs.wsu.edu
Thu Jun 13 22:16:00 GMT 2013


On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/2013 05:30 PM, Peter LaDow wrote:
>>> Please also feel free to submit a patch for
>>> glibc's manual/process.texi (execve) section. :-)
>>
>> Already working on it.  :)

I have some changes to the manual, but before I submit a patch I'd
like to make sure things look right.  Rather than completely re-build
all of glibc, is there a way I can just process the texi file?  I've
tried a full re-build of glibc, but I get build errors in the elf/
subdir (see below).

But rather than hash out build errors, I'd just like to process the
texi file and make sure I have things setup correctly.

Thanks,
Pete

Here's the build error:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/k/glibc/elf'
gcc   -nostdlib -nostartfiles -shared -o
/home/petelado/k/glibc-build/elf/ld.so.new             \
                  -Wl,-z,combreloc -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--hash-style=both
-Wl,-z,defs       \
                  /home/petelado/k/glibc-build/elf/librtld.os
-Wl,--version-script=/home/petelado/k/glibc-build/ld.map          \
                  -Wl,-soname=ld-linux.so.2                     \
                  -Wl,-defsym=_begin=0
readelf -s /home/user/k/glibc-build/elf/ld.so.new \
          | gawk '($7 ~ /^UND(|EF)$/ && $1 != "0:" && $4 !=
"REGISTER") { print; p=1 } END { exit p != 0 }'
     1: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND __GI_memset
     2: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND __GI_memmove
   578: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND __GI_memset
   586: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND __GI_memmove
make[2]: *** [/home/user/k/glibc-build/elf/ld.so] Error 1



More information about the Libc-help mailing list