turn off VDSO on glibc side

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 15:34:00 GMT 2013


On 07/03/2013 04:05 AM, heroxbd wrote:
>> or upgrade your kernel to one that isn't buggy :p
> 
> Yeah. At the same time, RHEL is our main use case for Prefix/libc where
> glibc is too old. I think doing the patch on our side is better than
> getting users to upgrade their already-set-up-but-easy-to-break or
> hard-to-request-kernel-upgrade-VPS systems.

What problem are you trying to solve?

May I ask why you want a new glibc?

I ask because if you just want a new compiler you could use the 
Developer Toolset (DTS) to get the benefit of newer compilers,
linkers, and tools without the need to recompile the entire base
runtime (uses the system glibc).

If you want new API's from glibc, then that's a problem DTS
can't fix.

Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-help mailing list