glibc-2.17 ARM setjmp compile problem
Michael Tremer
michael.tremer@ipfire.org
Sun Jan 6 11:41:00 GMT 2013
Hello list,
I have got a build problem on ARM with the glibc 2.17 release.
The error message is:
[01:23:11,728] /builddir/source/glibc-build/libc.a(setjmp.o): In function `__sigsetjmp':
[01:23:11,729] /builddir/source/glibc-2.17/setjmp/../ports/sysdeps/arm/setjmp.S:90: undefined reference to `_rtld_global_ro'
[01:23:11,730] /builddir/source/glibc-build/libc.a(__longjmp.o): In function `__longjmp':
[01:23:11,730] /builddir/source/glibc-2.17/setjmp/../ports/sysdeps/arm/__longjmp.S:104: undefined reference to `_rtld_global_ro'
[01:23:11,731] collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
As far as I can see, 2aa5b9c1 is the change, that causes the trouble.
(http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=2aa5b9c1)
I am running a hardened toolchain, which enables PIC by default, which
may confuse the "#defined PIC" logic.
As I am not very familiar with how _rtld_global_ro gets
referenced here, I hope you guys may have a clue what went wrong when looking
at the error message and code.
Please tell me if you need any further information.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Best,
-Michael
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list