how to use newer version gblic and glibcxx?

Ángel González keisial@gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 16:41:00 GMT 2013

On 03/02/13 11:18, Li Li wrote:
> $ uname -a
> Linux jx-adr-test16.jx.baidu.com 2.6.9-52bs #2 SMP Fri Jan 26 13:34:38
> CST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I don't has root account. can I compile a newer glibc and run my
> application with this newer lib? How to do this?
You could compile glibc locally and then trick phantomjs to use your
local glibc.
But IMHO it will be simpler if you compile phantomjs locally.
http://phantomjs.org/build.html#linux

(it is also what is suggested in http://phantomjs.org/download.html:
«For older systems, please compile PhantomJS from source (see below).»)