glibc build error: linking nptl static - V2.17

L A Walsh glibc@tlinx.org
Tue Apr 2 02:36:00 GMT 2013

I'm getting an undefined reference when trying to build a static version
of glibc for standalone/rescue tool building but am getting the following
link error:

/home/tools/glibc/glibc/nptl/../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/cancellation.S:80:
undefined reference to `__GI___pthread_unwind'

My configure options:
    --prefix=/usr                                        \
                                --exec-prefix=/
            \
                                --enable-static
            \
                                --disable-profile
        \
                                --disable-nscd
            \
                                --disable-build-nscd
    \
                                --enable-static-nss
        \
                                --without-selinux
        \
                                --without-nis
            \
                                --infodir=/usr/share/info                \
                                --with-binutils=/bin
    \
                                --disable-hidden-plt
    \
                                --enable-bind-now
        \
                                --enable-add-ons="nptl,libidn"

I figured I won't need network resolution in single-user mode very
often.  But I don't know how many programs would like to use
pthreads but "couldn't" without this.

I use /etc/<files> for authorization (or pam + winbind+samba)
depending on what is working on any specific day...;-)

Is here some other file I need to be configure or linking with to get
the unwind
stuff to work?

Thanks for any help/suggestions...