disabling sse3/sse4 in libc

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.com
Tue Sep 18 10:01:00 GMT 2012


On 09/18/2012 03:19 AM, Akanksha Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to disable all SSE3/4 versions of functions in glibc. I
> am doing some experiments with a micro-architectural simulator which
> does not have support for SSE3 and 4. In order for my simulator to
> execute the program, the executable should be devoid of any SSE3/4
> instructions.  My understanding is that the functions are chosen in
> the library based on the CPUID. Is there a way I can disable SSE3/4 or
> pass a non-native CPUID?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Besides recompiling glibc with some changes, there's no way to change 
this - but I think it would be a worthwhile addition.

but if you have a simulator, then fix the simulator to generate a proper 
cpuid. If the simulator does not support SSE4, then the cpuid from it 
should not say it supports it,

Andreas
-- 
  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi
   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
    GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG Nürnberg)
     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126



More information about the Libc-help mailing list