Building cross glibc/gcc (gnu/stubs.h)

Steve Ellcey sellcey@mips.com
Wed Sep 5 17:50:00 GMT 2012

I have been building (mips) eglibc/gcc cross compilers and am now trying to
build a glibc/gcc cross compiler.  Using the same process (binutils, initial
gcc, linux headers, glibc headers, second gcc, final glibc, final gcc) I get
errors about not finding gnu/stubs.h when building gcc for the second
time.   There is some code in the eglibc Makefiles that is not in glibc
to deal with this and I see there was some discussion about the problem on the
glibc-alpha list back in March but nothing since then.  I was wondering
what people are currently doing to handle this problem.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com