pthread_exit behavior from main

Bharath Ramesh bramesh@vt.edu
Fri Oct 5 00:34:00 GMT 2012

On 10/4/2012 8:30 PM, Mirko Banchi wrote:
> Each thread has its own stack and it's not shared between other threads. This is the reason why you don't see the value 42.
Yes, each thread has its own stack. I am passing the address of a local
variable in main's thread. Then I de-reference that address in the
thread function, which should be a valid address in the address space.
It is not like I am declaring a new local stack variable in the thread
function. The issue is that some thread do print the value "42" as expected.

--
Bharath