glibc 2.15 and libasound

Allin Cottrell cottrell@wfu.edu
Mon Mar 26 16:40:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Allin Cottrell <cottrell@wfu.edu> wrote:
>>> your expectations are perfectly reasonable.  however, the current release
>>> is as the current release is, and i'm just attempting to assist.
>>
>> Thanks, I appreciate the help.
>
> Allin,
>
> We definitely need help from volunteers to triage and submit bug
> reports for issues that look like core glibc bugs. Please always feel
> that you can submit bugs to bugzilla, but passing it by libc-help
> first is a good way to find out if the bug is already known.

Thanks. This is a tricky one, though. Although it looks as if
there's a problem in libdl I don't think anyone has come
forward with a minimal test case. I'm currently poking my way
around the libasound code and if I can construct a minimal
case that exhibits a glibc bug I'll go to bugzilla. (So far my
attempts have just shown that me it's not an _obvious_ glibc
bug.)

Allin Cottrell