building glibc 2.15

Allin Cottrell cottrell@wfu.edu
Thu Mar 22 21:10:00 GMT 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Thursday 22 March 2012 12:46:01 Allin Cottrell wrote:
>> Thanks. After I applied the __i686 patch found on the wiki
>> glibc 2.15 built OK. But I'm seeing a few failures on "make
>> check" and wondered if they were "expected" or anomalous. The
>> failed tests are tst-mqueue1, tst-mqueue2, tst-mqueue3,
>> tst-mqueue4, tst-mqueue7 and check-localplt. I can post the
>> .out files if that's useful, but for example:
>>
>> "mq_setattr on invalid mqd_t did not fail with EBADF: \
>> Function not implemented"
>>
>> "fct: mq_getattr failed: Function not implemented"
>>
>> This is on Linux 3.3, gcc 4.7.0.
>
> but what version of kernel headers are you building against ?

The headers are from 3.3. But -- maybe this is the issue -- I
followed Linus's suggestion a little while back and built a
64-bit kernel, though the rest of the system is i686. (So when
I configured glibc I used --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu.)

Hmm, in this situation is it necessary to configure the
"public" kernel headers as i686? Well, I can google.

Allin Cottrell