checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: The arm is not supported

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Mon Mar 5 14:07:00 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Hua Li <privatestuffs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Carlos.
>
> I got glibc-ports, and then configured again, there appeared a new
> error about GCC:
>
> [point@digital build]$ CC=arm-linux-gcc AR=arm-linux-ar
> RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib ../glibc-2.14/configure --host=arm-linux
> --prefix=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux --enable-add-ons=nptl,ports
> --with-header=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux/include
> --with-gcc=/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2
>
> checking for makeinfo... no
> checking for sed... sed
> checking version of sed... 4.2.1, ok
> checking for autoconf... autoconf
> checking whether autoconf works... yes
> configure: error:
> *** These critical programs are missing or too old: gcc
> *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
>
> What's wrong with GCC ?

Look at config.log to see what configure was attempting to do before it failed.

That will give you a hint.

For example I don't think your --wigh-gcc option is valid.

Generally you add your new gcc bin path to the front of the PATH env var.

Alternatively you specify it directly in CC e.g. export
CC=/path/to/gcc; export CXX=/path/to/g++

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,
Carlos.