Can I compile with MMX and SSE/SSE2 instruction sets ?

Timothy Madden terminatorul@gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:14:00 GMT 2012

On 06/27/2012 08:18 PM, Nix wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2012, Allin Cottrell outgrape:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Timothy Madden wrote:
>>> I tried to type
>>> 	env LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C install_root=$HOME/usr make install
>>>
>>> and after that my system would not boot anymore.
>>
>> Not sure about this, but maybe the order on the command line may matter. All the uses of "install_root" that I've seen place it
>> after "make":
>>
>> make install_root=whatever install
>
> It's an override of a make variable, not an environment variable, so it
> has to be after the 'make' (as a parameter to make(1), not an
> environment variable setting), yes.

To my knowledge environment variables are automatically made into make
variables as well (same as with sh, actually), but if install_root has
to be after make, than could this detail please be included in the
INSTALL file, especially since the example there shows LANGUAGE and
LC_ALL variables before the `make` command ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden