Can I compile with MMX and SSE/SSE2 instruction sets ?

Allin Cottrell cottrell@wfu.edu
Wed Jun 27 13:58:00 GMT 2012


On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Timothy Madden wrote:

> On 06/27/2012 01:09 AM, Allin Cottrell wrote: [...]
>> 
>> I'm puzzled by the reported failure of "install_root" to do what it's
>> supposed to. I've been using that formulation for years, to install new
>> builds of glibc into /tmp/glibc-N.M from where I make a tarball, which I
>> subsequently untar into the system location using a bootable CD
>> (SystemRescueCd). This worked fine for me with glibc 2.15. I use the
>> invocation, for example,
>> 
>> make install_root=/tmp/glibc-2.15 install
>> 
>> and nothing spills into system locations. I don't mind using DESTDIR
>> instead; I just don't understand the complaint.
>
> It seems to work for the Slackware build script for glibc package, too.
>
> I tried to type
> 	env LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C install_root=$HOME/usr make install
>
> and after that my system would not boot anymore.

Not sure about this, but maybe the order on the command line 
may matter. All the uses of "install_root" that I've seen 
place it after "make":

make install_root=whatever install

Allin Cottrell



More information about the Libc-help mailing list