Question about the macro __LDBL_REDIR_DECL(name)

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer@gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:22:00 GMT 2012

Hello list,

I am now trying to find all target dependent parts from glibc header files.
After I find all of them, I need to replace them with standard C
alternatives or removes them so that architecture independent headers
can be prepared.

In doing this work, I found a macro definition -
__LDBL_REDIR_DECL(name) in "misc/sys/cdefs.h".
It's like the one below.

#  define __LDBL_REDIR_DECL(name) \
  extern __typeof (name) name __asm (__ASMNAME ("__nldbl_" #name));

And from all the places where __LDBL_REDIR_DECL is used, I found the
comment below.

/*    -mlong-double-64 compatibility mode for libio functions.   */

And "man gcc" says the option above is for "IBM S/390 and zSeries Options".

>From this I can guess that the macro __LDBL_REDIR_DECL is applied only
for IBM S/390 and zSeries target machines.
But I would like to get confirm from you, the mail-list about my guess.

Does the macro __LDBL_REDIR_DECL (and __LDBL_REDIR1_DECL) only for IBM
S/390 and zSeries target machines?

Since those architectures are not in our focus, this matters for me.

Thank you in advance.

Journeyer J. Joh

Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r