[RFC] remove pre gcc-4.0 optimizations
Andreas Jaeger
aj@suse.com
Fri Dec 28 17:07:00 GMT 2012
On 12/28/2012 01:58 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 01:45:21PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> On 12/28/2012 10:39 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>>> Hello, I noticed that headers contain optimized versions for gcc as old
>>> as 2.8 or before.
>>>
>>> To simplify code I would remove anything older than 4.0.0 (April 20.2005)
>>> as it is not relevant today.
>>>
>>> Is there a minimal gcc requirement to remove more definitions?
>>
>> The installed headers should support older GCC versions. I think we
>> discussed this in the past (this year) but don't remember the
>> resolution, please search the archives,
>>
>> Andreas
>
> It is in http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-02/msg00545.html,
> thanks.
That's a description for building of glibc - not for building programs
linking against glibc,
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list