fopen a special characterfile on vfat.

devendra.aaru devendra.aaru@gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:28:00 GMT 2012

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Paul Pluzhnikov
<ppluzhnikov@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:32 AM, devendra.aaru <devendra.aaru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i am facing a strange situation where fopen fails on a vfat file
>> system , the same works for the ext2 file system.
>
> Run your program under 'strace' and see with what arguments gllibc
> passed to the open system call.

strace performed on the file, which gave me a nice crash. attached is
the trace. it fails with EINVAL.
i am running as root and i am able to access the vfat file system at
/mnt/usbdrive/.

even more digging, the file name "test" is opened and was able to
write. it seems that the vfat doesn't accept that special chars.

Thanks,
dev.