eglibc cross-compiling

Christer Solskogen christer.solskogen@gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:15:00 GMT 2011

As far as I have understood, glibc does not support to be
cross-compiled, so I had to go for eglibc. I then tried to follow eglibs
cross-compiler guide
(http://www.eglibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/libc/EGLIBC.cross-building?rev=2037&view=markup)
but using newer tools (newest binutils and newest gcc)

Building binutils was no problem, but the first gcc stage complained
about fenv.h was missing. And as far as I know fenv.h is a part of
(e)glibc. I was under the impression that buliding this minimal
c-compiler would not use anything else than it's own header files, so I
guess that the way gcc is built has changed. Or has the process changed?

If some of you could share some insights on this, I would be very happy :-)

--
chs