PTRACE_GETREGS missing from glibc for PowerPC

Andrew Badyin karepan@rambler.ru
Wed Sep 21 10:57:00 GMT 2011

 Hello.

 I'd like to have a clear understanding of what's the point in
PTRACE_GETREGS and other "new" requests being
missing from <sys/ptrace.h> for PowerPC. As far as I understand they
have been introduced  into Linux for more
than four years now.

 At present one has to include typically both <sys/ptrace.h> and
<asm/ptrace.h> if he wants to make use of one
of them. Won't this lead to redeclaration errors when these definitions
are put into <sys/ptrace.h> at last, if this
happens at all?

--
Andrew Badyin.