libc cross compile issue.
tom st denis
tom@iahu.ca
Thu Jan 6 18:04:00 GMT 2011
Hi,
I'm trying to cross compile glibc from a ubuntu 64-bit host for a
mips-linux host. I have binutils/gcc up, the problem I have is that
it dies on
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking size of long double... 8
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
checking for forced unwind support... no
configure: error: forced unwind support is required
During the build, the error is because it's trying to link a C
application with my mips C compiler and it's getting unresolved
symbols [abort(), memset, strlen, etc].
My config line is
../configure --target=mips-linux --build=x86_64-linux
--host=mips-linux --prefix=/opt/cross/mips/
--with-headers=/opt/cross/mips/include/ --disable-shared
--disable-profile --without-tls
I can compile to .o with my mips compiler, and the tools are in the
path, etc [obviously].
I'm suspecting that I'm doing something wrong during my config steps
because why would it assume it can link apps for the target platform
before building glibc?
Little help?
Tom
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list